To use the art of theatre to build character, confidence and creativity in the lives of students in the Colorado Springs area. ACT is designed to provide wholesome theatre experiences, skill building, and content to help students develop their character as well as their talent.
During our classes and camps, students will explore many elements of theatre, including character development, movement, voice, audition and improvisational skills. These will be taught through direct instruction, theatre games and exercises, as well as rehearsing and then performing in the Semester Showcase at the end of the semester or camp week.
- A wholesome environment with content that is safe and honoring for the whole family.
- Small class sizes, which allows more direct attention for each student.
- Professional guidance from experienced and qualified instructors.
- Instruction that is tailored to challenge both beginners and those with advanced skills.
- The opportunity to perform in a one-act production. By using multiple, shorter plays, each student is given a more significant role, instead of a select few who get main roles in a single play.
“Lynn Hamilton and her expert staff at the Academy of Children’s Theatre are developing wonderfully talented young professionals! I recently auditioned a group of their students and was so impressed by their level of talent, as well as their exceptional attitudes and professionalism, that I am now representing many of them in the professional acting and print markets.”
Owner/Agent – Big Fish Talent Agency