ACT at Home Contest
One of the most beautiful aspects of theatre is that it can be found anywhere! Most times we visit a theater to watch a show or we go to a studio to rehearse, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still make theatre while we are all stuck at home.
During this unusual time while our students are not in school, the Academy of Children’s Theatre (ACT) and the Academy of Community Theatre (ACT II) want to encourage everyone to create theatre right in your own homes! We miss seeing our students so much and thought it would be fun to see what kind of theatre you all can create. To do that, we have come up with a fun and creative contest.
Submission Rules and Guidelines
What to do:
- Write and film a five minute or less play! You can use yourself, parents, siblings, pets and even stuffed animals as actors in your play.
- Your play MUST include a beginning, middle, and end.
- There will be five different winners, one from each age group
- Ages 4-K
- Grades 1-3
- Grades 4-5
- Grades 6-8 (Middle School)
- Grades 9-12 (High School)
- Receive bonus points for sharing portions of the videos and “on set” photos while tagging Academy of Children’s Theatre and ACT II on Facebook/Instagram (@actandactii) AND using the hashtag #ACTatHOME
- Send the video via Dropbox, Google Drive, or YouTube to email@example.com
- To be considered for the prize, your video must be submitted with your name, e-mail address and grade by April 29th, 2020.
- Don’t forget to tell us the title of your play when you submit it!
- By submitting video, photography, and audio to the Academy of Children’s Theatre and ACT II, you give permission for ACT and ACT II to share the submitted materials on any online platform without the expectation of compensation to you or your heirs.
- Questions or stuck? Let Miss Megan know by emailing her at megan@ACTcolorado.net.
One winner from each age group will receive:
- A Family Four Pack to see ACT II’s production of The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley Jr. (rescheduled for May 26-27)
- One of our newly designed and just released ACT t-shirts
Winners will be announced via social media on May 1st!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram @actandactii
Get to Work!
So get creative, grab your props, sets, and costumes from around the house, and get to work! The sky’s the limit––paint a small backdrop for your set, use your favorite stuffed animal as your hero, enlist your dog to play the villain, or create puppets with paper bags, socks and spoons! Get your parents and siblings involved as characters or transform your house into your very own theatre! And then submit your video to firstname.lastname@example.org We can’t wait to see what you all come up with!