AUDITIONS: Annie Jr.
Producer: Lynn M. Hamilton
Director: Lee Ann Soulvie
Choreographer: Elyse Jett-Clark
Auditions (By Appointment): November 9, 12, and December 6, 7
Audition Call Backs: December 8, 2022
Eligibility: 10 Years Old – High School Senior (18 or 19)
Rehearsals: Begin January 6, 2023
April 14-18, 2023
Ent Center for the Arts
IT IS IMPORTANT TO READ ALL THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS PAGE.
AUDITION & CAST DETAILS
Auditions: November 9, 12, and December 6* (By Appointment Only)
*If you are unable to attend any of these audition dates, please contact us at ACT2@ACTcolorado.net
Location: ACT Studios, 481 Windchime Place
Audition Age Eligibility: 10 Years Old – High School Senior (18-19 years old)
Tuition: There is no fee to audition. IF cast, tuition will be charged. (See section on tuition for further details.)
- Annie is 11 years old in the script. This doesn’t mean that the actress playing her has to BE 11 years old but she needs to be able to portray 11 years old.
- Since we have several dress rehearsals AND 11 shows in a row, we plan on double casting the role of Annie. When not playing Annie in a performance, she will portray another orphan.
- Featured dancers will be supporting roles combined with various ensemble roles. These dancers will need tap and jazz training and experience.
- Supporting actors and those cast as ensemble will typically be cast in multiple ensemble roles throughout the play.
- Miss Hannigan
- Grace Farrell
- Lily St. Regis
- Mrs. Greer
- Mrs. Pugh
- Additional Orphans
- Oliver Warbucks
- Rooster Hannigan
- Bert Healy
- Louis Howe
- Lt. Ward
- President Roosevelt
Male or Female Roles
- Featured Dancers
- Bundles McCloskey
- Apple Seller
- Radio Announcer
- Sound Effects Person
- Person in the Window
THE AUDITION PROCESS
THE AUDITION PROCESS
1. Schedule your audition time.
Auditions (By Appointment)*: November 9, 12 & December 6, 7
*If you are unable to attend any of the audition dates, please contact us at ACT2@ACTcolorado.net
All performers must schedule two auditions, the acting/singing audition AND a dance audition. Once your audition has been scheduled you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do NOT receive a confirmation e-mail from Sign Up Genius, please contact us at ACT2@ACTcolorado.net to confirm we received your audition time.
Sign Up for your Acting/Singing Audition Here:
Sign Up for Your Dance Audition Here:
Please not that not all roles require dance training or experience. For the dance audition, the choreographer will teach a series of dance moves. Once the group has learned the routine, they will perform it in groups for the production team. If you are trained in dance, please bring dance shoes with you (jazz or character shoes). If you are trained in tap, please bring tap shoes. If you are not trained in dance, please bring shoes that you can move easily in.
2. Complete audition form (Fill out online BEFORE audition)
3. Fill out the parental consent form for minors. (Fill out online BEFORE audition)
4. Audition (5 minutes):
Each person will have a 5-minute time slot. For this initial audition, please prepare a memorized song cutting posted in the Audition Materials tab AND a 1-minute monologue that showcases your acting abilities. (You are welcome to use any 1 minute monologue OR one of the short monologues posted in the audition materials section.)
5. Bring a RECENT headshot and resume to your audition (5″x7″ or 8″x10″)
- The headshot doesn’t have to be a professional headshot but it needs to be current so that the headshot looks like you do at this time!
- If you’ve never made a resume, it is just putting together information about yourself, your training, your experience, and any special skills you have in a format that is easy read. Don’t be overwhelmed. It doesn’t have to be professional or perfect. It just helps the production team get to know you.
6. Notification About Callbacks
By December 7, you will receive an email letting you know if you are being called back for a second audition or not.
7. Callbacks will be held on December 8 beginning at 4:30 PM
All performers who are called back will receive an email by December 9th announcing if they were cast or not.
9. There will be a cast and parent meeting on December 15th. If cast, your tuition deposit or full payment will be due at that time.
10. Rehearsals will begin on Friday, January 6th!
You are welcome to prepare ANY 1-minute monologue of your choice OR you may prepare one of the short pieces from this list.
Memorize ONE of the songs posted here. Please choose the audition song that is recommended for the character you are auditioning for. Be sure to rehearse and memorize the entire song selection posted, regardless of which characters are singing. We want to hear you sing the entire selection!
Actors auditioning for the role of Annie should sing this song.
Performance Track (No Vocals)
It’s The Hard-Knock Life
Actors auditioning for one of the orphans should sing this song.
Performance Track (No Vocals)
Actors auditioning for the role of Miss Hannigan, Rooster, Lily or an ensemble role should sing this selection.
I Think I’m Gonna Like It Here
Actors auditioning for the role of Grace, Drake, any of the Servants, or an ensemble should sing this selection.
I Don’t Need Anything But You
Actors auditioning for the role of Oliver Warbucks or any male role should sing this selection.
The Academy of Community Theatre (ACT II) strives to not only produce a high-quality show but also focus on training each actor in the process, hence the name “Academy.” Since this is an academy for training, as well as performing, tuition is charged if you are cast in the show.
Tuition: The tuition fee is divided up into 5 payments which will automatically be charged to your card on file on the following dates unless you specify that you’d like to pay in full at registration. A 5% discount will be applied to those who chose to pay in full by December 15th.
- $125 due on December 15
- $110 due on January 1
- $110 due on February 1
- $110 due on March 1
- $110 due on April 1
What is included in the tuition:
- Scheduled rehearsals
- Scheduled performances
- Costume usage
What is not included in the tuition:
- Tickets to the performances
- Show T-shirts or Hoodies (Optional)
- Shoes (Actor will provide his/her own shoes that fit the character and costume.)
- Stage Makeup
- Females: Nude color leotard for under the costume and a pair of dance tights.
- Males: Undershirt and shorts for under the costume and socks.
Rehearsals & Performances
REHEARSAL & PERFORMANCE DETAILS
First Meeting (Cast & Parents)
- Thursday, December 15: 5:00-7:30 PM
Intensives- Please note that not all performers will be scheduled for every intensive rehearsal. A calendar of who is called for each rehearsal will be e-mailed out after the first rehearsal.
- Friday, January 6, 5:00-8:00 PM
- Saturday, January 7: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Monday, January 9: 5:00-8:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 10, 5:00-8:00 PM
- Thursday, January 12, 5:00-8:00 PM
- Friday, January 13: 5:00-8:00 PM
- Saturday, January 14: 12:00-5:00 PM, followed by a cast & family pot luck dinner!
Weekly Rehearsals (January 20-April 8)
Please note that not all performers will be scheduled for every rehearsal.
- Fridays: 5:30-8:00 PM
- Saturdays: 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
Promotional Photo Shoot (Select Performers. Subject to change.)
- Saturday, January 21, 2:00-5:00 PM
- Saturday, April 8: 10:00-6:00 PM (Two Full Dress Rehearsals in Studio)
- Monday, April 10: 4:00-8:30 PM (Ent Center)
- Tuesday, April 11: 4:00-8:30 PM (Ent Center)
- Wednesday, April 12: 4:00-8:30 PM (Ent Center)
- Thursday, April 13: 4:00-8:30 PM (Ent Center)
Load-In & Strike
- Monday, April 10: 8:00 AM-1:00 PM (For those available)
- Monday, April 18 (after last school show) – Mandatory for all performers and tech.
Performances: Cast will need to miss 3 days of school to rehearse and perform for local schools.
- Friday, April 14: 9:30 AM (School Show)
- Friday, April 14: 12:00 PM (School Show)
- Friday, April 14: 6:00 PM (Public Show)
- Saturday, April 15: 2:00 PM (Public Show)
- Saturday, April 15: 6:00 PM (Public Show)
- Sunday, April 16: 2:00 PM (Public Show)
- Monday, April 17: 9:30 AM (School Show)
- Monday, April 17: 12:00 PM (School Show)
- Monday, April 17: 6:00 PM (Closed show for Hope Kids)
- Tuesday, April 18: 9:30 AM (School Show)
- Tuesday, April 18: 12:00 PM (School Show)