Winter Semester Classes
Ages 4 – High School
Winter Classes Begin the Week of January 16th
Have fun and learn new skills! Classes meet once a week after school or on Saturday mornings, with Friday afternoon classes offered for our homeschool families. At the end of the semester, students get to perform ON STAGE for family and friends to enjoy!
Registration Open Now!
ACT II Auditions
With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone’s hearts despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. Annie is determined to find the parents who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of an orphanage run by the cruel Miss Hannigan. Annie eventually foils Miss Hannigan’s evil machinations, finding a new home and family with Oliver Warbucks, his personal secretary, Grace Farrell, and a lovable mutt named Sandy.
- Auditions: November 9, 12, and December 6, 7
- Eligibility: 10 Years Old – High School Senior (18-19)
- Rehearsals: Begin January 6, 2023
- Performances: April 14-18, 2023
Virtual Studio Tour
Are you new to ACT? If so, welcome! We’re glad you’re here.
I hope you’ll click here to take a “virtual tour” of our studio to see where your student will be taking classes!
- A wholesome environment with content that is safe and honoring for the whole family.
- Small class sizes, which allow more direct attention for each student.
- Professional guidance from experienced and qualified instructors.
- Instruction that is tailored to challenge both beginners and those with advanced skills.
- The opportunity to perform in a one-act production. By using multiple, shorter plays, each student is given a more significant role, instead of a select few who get main roles in a single play.
To use the art of theatre to build character, confidence and creativity in the lives of students in the Colorado Springs area. ACT is designed to provide wholesome theatre experiences, skill-building, and content to help students develop their character as well as their talent.
During our classes and camps, students will explore many elements of theatre, including character development, movement, voice, audition and improvisational skills. These will be taught through direct instruction, theatre games and exercises, as well as rehearsing and then performing in the Semester Showcase at the end of the semester or camp week.
“Lynn Hamilton and her expert staff at the Academy of Children’s Theatre are developing wonderfully talented young professionals! I recently auditioned a group of their students and was so impressed by their level of talent, as well as their exceptional attitudes and professionalism, that I am now representing many of them in the professional acting and print markets.”
Owner/Agent – Big Fish Talent Agency
ACT & ACT II
481 Windchime Place
Colorado Springs, CO 80919