To serve the young actor, the local schools, and the community
with wholesome, educational, high-quality theatre.
The Academy of Community Theatre (ACT II) is a non-profit theatre designed to bring literature to life through the magic of theatre with wholesome, educational, high-quality productions for local schools and the community. We also provide young actors with a safe environment where they can grow in their character and talent.
All of our plays are based upon literature so that the school children can read the book and learn from it at school, then attend our show and watch the book come alive on stage. School children and families attending our shows laugh and cheer as they are immersed in the story.
ACT II Core Values:
- Provide a environment that is safe for the actor to develop
- Produce high quality, professional-level shows that display the excellence of theatre
- Bring literature to life through main stage productions performed for local schools and the community
- Keep our productions affordable for schools and the community to attend
- Create a vision for the power of the arts to educate, build character, and personally transform both the actors involved and the audience
April 14-18, 2023
Based on the popular comic strip and adapted from the Tony Award-winning Best Musical, with a beloved book and score by Tony Award winners, Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse, and Martin Charnin, Annie JR. features everyone’s favorite little redhead in her very first adventure.
With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone’s hearts despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. Annie is determined to find the parents who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of an orphanage run by the cruel Miss Hannigan. Annie eventually foils Miss Hannigan’s evil machinations, finding a new home and family in billionaire Oliver Warbucks, his personal secretary, Grace Farrell, and a lovable mutt named Sandy.
If you are interested in attending a school show for Annie Jr, please CLICK HERE to fill out a request form and we will reach out to you. You are also welcome to call us directly at 719-331-2434 or ACT2@ACTcolorado.net. School show tickets are not available through the Ent Center Box Office.
Please support our ACT II sponsors: